NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE THROUGH THIS PROMOTION. PARTICPATION IN THE RACE TO YOUR REFUND GAME ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION IS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBTED BY LAW.
Sponsor: TaxAct, Inc., 1425 60th Street NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402 (“TaxAct”).
- Acceptance of Official Rules. Please read these rules (“Official Rules”) before entering this promotion (the "Promotion"). By participating in this Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and represent that you satisfy all of the eligibility requirements below.
- Eligibility. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. THIS PROMOTION IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ANY ONE OF THE FIFTY UNITED STATES OR DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST AGE 18 (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY UNDER APPLICABLE LAW). IF YOU DO NOT MEET ANY OF THESE REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS, OR ANY OTHER ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OR RESTRICTIONS IN THESE OFFICIAL RULES, YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO WIN A PRIZE, AND TAXACT RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO AWARD PRIZES TO YOU. If you have an APO or FPO mailing address, you must identify your state of permanent residence. To be eligible to win a prize, entries must be completed and received by TaxAct in the manner and format designated below. Directors, officers and employees of TaxAct and its participating sponsor(s) and any of their respective affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, professional advisors, advertising and promotional agencies, and immediate families of each are not eligible to win any prizes. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Offer void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Limit one Entry per person.
- Promotion Period. The Promotion starts at 12:00 am Central Time on January 5, 2016, and ends at 11:59 pm Central Time on November 20, 2016 (the "Promotion Period"). All Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize. TaxAct's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Promotion.
- Disclaimer. TaxAct and all participating sponsors, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, professional advisors, employees and agencies (collectively, the "Released Parties") will not be responsible for: (a) any late, lost, misrouted, garbled or distorted or damaged transmissions or entries; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet, or other computer- or communications-related malfunctions or failures; (c) any Promotion disruptions, injuries, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of TaxAct or by non-authorized human intervention; or (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, TaxAct reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Promotion, in whole or in part, or modify the Promotion in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these official rules. TaxAct reserves the right in its sole discretion, to cancel the Promotion in its entirety if it becomes technically corrupted or because of non-authorized human intervention.
- How to enter. To enter the Promotion, visit racetoyourrefund.com during the Promotion Period and follow the instructions to complete your entry (“Entry”). To participate, provide your first and last name and a valid email address and complete a bracket by selecting drivers’ finishing position in upcoming races. Entering this way allows you to participate in the game associated with the Promotion. Your participation in the game is optional and for entertainment purposes only. Participation in the game does not increase your chances of winning a prize. If you do not wish to participate in the game, you may enter the Promotion using the alternative method of entry provided below. All Entries must be received by 11:59 pm Central Time on November 20, 2016. Limit: one Entry per person. Once you have provided the required information, you will be entered into the online random drawing. Entries become the property of TaxAct and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- Alternate means of entry. To enter without submitting the online registration form, please send a postcard to:
Race to your Refund
C/O Exit10 Advertising
323 W. Camden Street, 7th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
The postcard must include your name, address, email address (if applicable), and date of birth. Submissions must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on November 20, 2016 to be considered valid. One entry is permitted per email address.
- Effective date of entries. Entries made online or by mail-in will be effective on the day received. You are responsible for your costs of entering, including online access charges, postage and materials.
- Selection and Notification of Winners. There will be forty-six entry periods and at the end of each entry period, a drawing for that entry period. For each drawing, one potential prize winner will be determined by a random drawing of all eligible entries submitted during that entry period as follows:
The drawings will be held at TaxAct Headquarters located at 1425 60th Street NE, Cedar Rapids, IA. Winners will notified by email on or shortly after the date of the drawing. To claim a prize, each winner must follow the instructions contained in his or her notification and abide by these Official Rules.
- Prizes. Each entry period, winners will be awarded the prize listed below or a prize of comparable or greater value.
*Race tickets are limited to the 2016 season. Winner must select a race at least two weeks after the Drawing Date. Tickets may not exceed the stated value of $250.00 ($125.00/ per ticket).
**Grand prize winner will receive an all-expenses paid, behind-the-scenes VIP experience at the 2017 Daytona 500 worth approximately $10,000
All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in TaxAct’s sole discretion. TaxAct is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize at the time of award and the stated approximate retail value in these Official Rules or in any Promotion-related correspondence or materials. Prizes are intended for the Promotion-winner only and are not intended for resale.
- Identity of Entrant. If a dispute arises about the identity of the entrant, entries made online will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. An authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The potential winner may be required to provide TaxAct with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with a winning entry.
- Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible Entries received.
- Taxes. ALL FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF EACH WINNER. For prizes valued at $600 or greater, winners must provide a completed W-9 to TaxAct, and TaxAct will file an IRS Form 1099 with the Internal Revenue Service for such winners. If a winner refuses to complete a W-9 for a prize worth $600.00 or greater within 15 business days after the request is made, the winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Such a winner will have no right to an alternate prize worth less than US $600.00 in lieu of providing a completed Form W-9 for the original prize.
- Claiming a prize. All prizes will be awarded. The winner must contact TaxAct to claim his or her prize no later than 15 business days after TaxAct provides notification of winning. If a prize notification is returned as undeliverable or a prize is otherwise not claimed within fifteen days after delivery of notification, the applicable prize will be forfeited and awarded to another entrant. Entries and prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted, except that TaxAct reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize.
- General Release. By entering the Promotion, you release TaxAct and all Released Parties from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action for any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Promotion (including methods of entry) or delivery, mis-delivery, acceptance, possession, or use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory.
- Use of Winner's Name, Likeness, etc. Except where prohibited by law, entry into the Promotion constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or prize information in all media now known or later devised throughout the universe in perpetuity for all purposes TaxAct deems appropriate—including, without limitation, for promotional and publicity purposes—without further permission or compensation. As a condition of being awarded any prize, except where prohibited by law, winner may (in TaxAct's sole discretion) be required to execute a written consent, confirming TaxAct's right to use such winner's name, likeness, persona, hometown, and/or prize information without further permission or compensation.
- Affidavit and Release. As a condition of being awarded any prize, a winner may (in TaxAct's sole discretion) be required to execute and deliver to TaxAct a signed affidavit of eligibility, acceptance of these Official Rules, release of liability, and any other legal, regulatory, or tax-related documents required by TaxAct in its sole discretion.
- Winner List; Rules Request. For a copy of the Winner List, send an email with subject line: "Race to Your Refund Winner List Request" to firstname.lastname@example.org after November 30, 2016 and before December 31, 2016. To obtain a copy of these official rules, send an email with subject line: "Race to Your Refund Official Rules Request" to email@example.com.
- Intellectual Property Notice. TaxAct is a trademark of TaxAct, Inc. The Promotion and all accompanying materials are copyright 2015 by TaxAct, Inc. All rights are reserved.
- Miscellaneous. The Promotion and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the state of Iowa, U.S.A. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of TaxAct, which are final and binding in all respects. TaxAct reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Promotion or any entrant's participation in the Promotion should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other causes beyond TaxAct's control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, or TaxAct otherwise becomes (as determined in its sole discretion) incapable of running the Promotion as planned. Notwithstanding the foregoing, TaxAct reserves the right to amend, modify, or cancel the Promotion at any time without notice. Entrants who violate these Official Rules; violate any law, rule, or regulation in connection with participation in the Promotion; tamper with the operation of the Promotion or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to TaxAct, the Promotion, or any other entrant (in each case as determined in TaxAct’s sole discretion) are subject to disqualification from entry into the Promotion. TaxAct reserves the right to lock out persons whose eligibility is in question or who have been disqualified or are otherwise ineligible to enter the Promotion. Any provision of these Official Rules deemed unenforceable will be enforced to the extent permissible, and the remainder of these Official Rules will remain in effect. If you have any questions about these Official Rules or the Promotion, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or send written questions to TaxAct Promotion, 1425 60th Street NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402.